Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ishikei update




[Just a random news update. I plan on posting these every now and then, just to share.]

I came across this while I was reviewing Ishikei (NiseMIDIdoronokai) releases, when I noticed a peculiar one released last August featuring none other than our lovely "Angel" from Angel Beats!. What was peculiar about it was the title, "Naori Mashita".

"All better, now"... as in how one feels better after an illness or the like. Did something happen to Ishikei? Well... since artbooks like these rarely have the author notes translated, I noticed this interesting little entry placed in the work...





Basically, he's saying that he just came from a hand injury, and because of that, he hasn't been able to meet deadlines. This artbook is probably to make up for it (with no plot and little dialogue... kinda like Wisteria). Along with this release was a little omake featuring Hatsune Miku. That makes two times... I say Ishikei make a full-blown vocaloid doujin, yes? :D


But apparently, he got the inspiration after playing ProjectDIVA2 while he was in rehab. He ends his note with a curious line, "Lately, every time I see MEIKO, I start to get a little horny..." Meiko, huh? Give Haku some love, too!


2 comments:

  1. Pretty interesting. I rarely even read atogaki and such because it's just rambling about Gunpla and the latest K-On episodes most of the time, but this one is pretty interesting. Hope we see more Ishikei next Comiket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @nashrakh

    Yeah, I hardly read the maegaki or atogaki either... but recently, I've noticed that Ishikei (at the very least) adds some interesting details into his maegaki, in particular. He usually explains WHY his titles are the way they are. It's trivial, really, but this one just got me thinking what it'd be like if Ishikei just couldn't draw anymore... O_o Nooo....

    ReplyDelete