Saturday, November 20, 2010

[chat logs + news] Final QC and idioticracy

 Just a sneak peek on how our little group goes through QC and scripts and what not, have fun with the lulz. Miku is going through final QC and will release once Ed returns the copy I gave him, then we will introduce a new member and some staff changes followed by chapter 7.
 ~~~~
Sent you my QC comments through MSN.

Just gonna re-iterate them, there:

1. Page 8, Cell 2
  • Place the original text "...?" inside the blank bubble.

2. Page 7, Cells 1 & 2
  • Do a text overlay, imitating the original
  • Use white text and place it beside Takuto's face
  • If it looks difficult to read, try put a drop shadow (F1 Photoshop when in doubt)

3. Page 8, Cell 3, Miku line 7.2
  • It should end with "songs!" in the plural with an exclamation point

4. Suggestion for fonts
  • Maybe we could try a more expressive fonts for screams or shouts of ecstasy, like that used in this translation
    .  It doesn't have to look exactly like that, but my point is they used a different font than the main text, and it has more feeling to it.

Oh, and since Nemesis is actually part of LWB and not Vanilla, should I change the credits page?  Plus, are we going to include Nash in the credits for QC?


~ed
~~~~

1. Fixed
2. You do it, I don't know what you mean
3. Fixed
4. No
~Tech


Update:
What I pointed out meant squat compared to the QC work Nash did.  It was pretty meticulous - which I liked, very much - so that said, it motivated me to try re-typesetting the work, myself, while I asked Tech to focus on chapter 7.  Typesetting status is around 50% complete... I'll finish it up when I get home later, today.

Fwaaaaah!!

~ ed

8 comments:

  1. You can be such a jerk, you know that? Stop being so fucking lazy and TRY to at least break a sweat every now and then. -_-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you mean by #2 and #4 is something that's beyond me atm kthxbai

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think for #4 Mew just used that font and slapped a red to black color gradient over it... certainly an eye-catcher, but not something I would use in all edits. I can ask him how he did that exactly though, if you want.

    Sent you my QC too, and it seems like I was even harsher lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. @nashrakh

    Actually, I really appreciate the amount of effort you put into meticulously pointing out those things. I guess I was being a little lazy QC-ing, because I just came from duty, and having to explain what I want done felt exasperating.

    Basically, I agree to everything you said. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. shouldn't it be 'it feels best here, around etc' instead of 'it feels best, here around etc' though?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just typeset everything word for word from the script he provides ._.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @nashrakh

    Yeah... I think it makes more sense that way... although if you want to be really grammatically correct, it should be "it feels best, here, around..." but that's comma whoring. D: I'll fix that up. :)

    ReplyDelete