Saturday, January 22, 2011

[rant] The ROBOT project - Updated


A little update on the "idea" I had back in 2010 before the year ended...  I was looking around to see if there were any RAWs for this work online... and apparently, it has only been sporadically scanned, and only Volume 1 was translated waaay back in 2008 by some defunct scanlation group that has a fixation for rabbits.  (and why volume 1?  That was translated, already...)

Yeah.

That said, I REALLY want to work on this project, but there are a couple things that concern me.  First, this is Range Murata we're talking about.  He's big.  He's influential.  He can send the DMCAs coming in lickety split.  Second, it's a thick book.  Correction: it's a thick, GORGEOUS book.  There's no way in hell I'm debinding this thing.  And lastly, it's a difficult edit.  A difficult edit.

So it's looking pretty vague whether or not I'm going to continue with this idea, but I'm just raising the prospect.  If any of you are interested in helping me in this endeavor (providing raws, editing, whatever), then feel free to leave your contact email in the comments and I'll correspond with you on how we can get this project rolling.


And now, back to our regular programming. :)

8 comments:

  1. No, I don't want another C&D letter or a DMCA letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>No, I don't want another C&D letter or a DMCA letter.

    Got one already?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got 2 from comcast already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're going to start, start with vol 6. Vols 1-5 have already been done (albiet, they will be hard to find).

    ReplyDelete
  5. >>I've got 2 from comcast already.

    lol, thought you mean the group. Wouldn't surprise me, got one myself already... but not from my ISP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous

    Yeah, I was thinking that myself. No point in re-translating the previous 5, either - unless people are that hard-pressed to find a translated copy for free.

    ReplyDelete
  7. FYI, the Rabbits didn't translate the first volume; those were scans of the DMP version. There are raws available for volumes 7-10 on Nyaatorrents; unfortunately they're underseeded - I've been downloading them for over 48 hours straight, and have only just finished volumes 8-10.

    The nyaatorrents link is here:
    http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=118639&showfiles=1

    I'll continue seeding whatever I have, but if you'd prefer not to deal with torrents, I'll upload the complete volumes on MF or some other filesharing site for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @hahhah42

    Man... I only saw this NOW. Blogger sucks at informing me of comments. -_-;

    Wow, at least that's 4 more chapters... that takes care of a large bulk of the problem regarding RAWs. Thanks for this! :D

    ReplyDelete