Sunday, January 16, 2011

[update] RAID and Hijackers!

So a quick update because of what has been going on lately;

Our previous release was hijacked by some dick who just combined chapters 1&2 and uploaded with no description or anything. I'm still working out the kinks in the g.e forums to get our copy to replace a hijacked gallery. It's hard considering I lurked in the forums with 4 posts and the person who hijacked happens to be a major uploader on g.e (I wonder how many of those galleries are hijacks?)

______________

I removed the Capcha protection to further encourage anonymous comments. Please don't spam...

______________

My computer is being a pain in the ass, even my shop guy complains about what I want to be done to it. It originally started as a computer built with Top Shelf parts originally and I ended up changing mostly everything except the motherboard and CPU out. The computer was originally spec'd to be gaming rig with some chance of using it for 3D purposes and what not. At where it stands, it's on the fence between a gaming spec and a file server.

The computer is getting more RAM and going from DDR3 1333mz 2GB x6 to DDR3 1333mz 4GBx6 and adding [2] 1TB 7.2k Caviar black's with 64mb cache. My previous plan of having a RAID 0 setup for my boot drive was cut short when I found out my current motherboard does not have enough SATA ports and does not even have a RAID controller (+1 for me not doing proper homework).

I guess I'll be thinking of picking up a SuperMicro rig and spec'ing it for a personal file server and maybe hosting a site (if our team ever gets that far)

_____________

Our current projects might be more joint orientated because of our current staff status's which I'll post below;

mTechX - Computer is in the shop for a long due overhaul

EDMX - Hospital is demanding a bit more from him

Dask - College just resumed for him and to top it off, he canceled his current ISP and is currently accessing the internet by tethering his iPhone. New ISP will be in Feb.

Kraut - College exams... 'nuff said

Scripted - College exams and has lost her ISP, resorting to contacting us through an internet cafe to get work

Darko - Surprisingly free for now considering he's on holiday from college until March

So if anybody (Noel and Nash) are thinking our group is lazy at the moment or that Ed is working for your group now, I hope this clears things up.

____________

Currently bickering with Ed and Scripted about what our next project should be and completed in what order, pretty difficult considering Ed and Scripted are from the Philippines and I'm American... Kind of hard to argue when a response is 12 hours later ┐('~`;)┌


/rant

10 comments:

  1. You should stop uploading to EH and switch to www.ragemanga.com there you will get no hijacks and if someone uploads something another translator worked on I could easily replace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Psycho

    I see the value in uploading to ragemanga, which will be something we'll definitely do in the future. As it stands, however, e.hentai is still an invaluable tool in spreading the release, albeit full of loopholes and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since when was Darko a part of the team? Lul... the man finally gave in, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can keep Noel for all I care.

    Just don't complain about the trouble she brings. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like, ooookay.

    By the way, you guys got mail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noel = She? O.O O HAI THERE.

    ..

    O HAI SCRIPTED-CHAN <3

    ReplyDelete