Wednesday, April 20, 2011

[Update] Heads up.


(Cookie points to whoever knows the relationship between Azunyan and Kirino. :P)

You might have noticed that our releases have been coming out rather successively.  Two reasons for this: 1) The backlog is finally moving, and 2) I'm extremely free at the moment.  But the latter won't be so for long.  In fact, I won't be working on any new scripts for the blog until the end of the week, and maybe even a few days after that.  Come May, I'll be back in the hospital... so chances are, this past week is the only time I would have ever had to have released so many scripts at once.

And it's not only the genesis scripts I'm talking about.  I've been busy on the "other end" by working on scripts for Oreimo PSP, which by the way could REALLY use another translator.  If you know anyone who might be interested, please send them flying over to that link.

Back back to genesis matters, there's still much to expect.  There still IS a backlog (surprisingly), and whether that be a good or bad thing is a matter of question... because it's not only me who's going to be gone till the end of the week... but even Tech is gonna disappear in a few hours for the whole of April 20 for some weird annual pot thingy that I can't come to grips with understanding, other then the fact that people really like getting smashed that badly.  Please do me a favor and make sure you get back in one piece, 'kay?

So as a heads up, expect a little slow down in the releases compared to the first half of this month.  Still, we have some pretty good releases coming up.  More Kamino Ryu-ya (because we lurve her), a relatively new artist "Reak" who has promising talent (and interesting story choices), and a long overdue Azunyan that SHOULD have been done ages ago.

Lastly, we're kinda getting a lot of applications for editor, but none for translator?  C'mon, really?  I feel like a lone wolf, right now... I could sure use some company. :(

3 comments:

  1. They have the same voice actress!! Yes, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, translating is pretty hard. I'm not too surprised to see very few applicants, if any at all.

    Editors are a dime a dozen. Finding one with any real skill on the other hand can be kind of difficult. Typesetting doesn't seem like it'd be hard to do. Making the translated script into something in English with the same actual meaning, while still having it make sense, might be tougher than it looks (with all the bad translations I've seen). Though I've gotta wonder how someone can mess up "Oh god, I'm gonna cum!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, I want to help with the OreImo PSP translation so bad, but I'm still only on the basics for Japanese. Best of luck though, and godspeed.

    ReplyDelete