Sunday, December 19, 2010

[Update] No Fauking Wai!

That was me about 15 minutes ago when I checked the team's email to find Mozaiku x Sanshimai chapter 7 lying in wait to be typeset... apparently, I've been so up in the clouds with my translations that it completely escaped me that Recruit already submitted her clean like... I dunno, 3 weeks ago?

Jesus Christ, so that's what happened.  Some of you out there are probably wondering why we're churning out all these releases, and yet still no chapter 7... well, here's a rundown of what happened...


1.  Chapter 7 script is already done.  RAW handed over to Dask for cleaning.
2.  Dask is so absorbed in Black Ops that he completely ignores the whole project.
3.  Kraut picks up the project, but ends up submitting a different clean altogether, then tells me he doesn't know about any chapter 7...
4.  Enter Recruit, who picks up the project and cleans it in Dask's steed.
5.  Tech gets the clean, but moments before he can begin typesetting, his computer fails on him.
6.  1 week passes as we wait for Tech's machine to get repaired, and soon after he finally gets it back and starts working on chapter 7, his HDD dies on him, and all his progress is left to kaput.
7.  Dask is banned from Black Ops and decides to take a vacation abroad.
8.  Noel comes along and offers to help us with Sanshimai, but out of my excitement, I ask for her help with chapter 7, as well...
9.  I realize that I had the clean all along, and because I'm such a douche for not realizing it in the first place, I decide to typeset it myself.

So that's pretty much where we stand, at the moment.  I'm going to go ahead and typeset this and get it over with, because it's been over a month since the last chapter came out, and it's just pathetic knowing that we can do better.  I know... I want this out as much as you guys do, so give me 3 days tops.  Promise.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, that is actually bloody hilarious. Looking forward to the new chapter, take as much time as you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mTech

    Screw you. Keep it up, and I might jump the fence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you may want to add a twitter button to your site. Just marked down this blog, however I had to complete it by hand. Simply my $.02 :)

    ReplyDelete